Friday, April 16, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimersblogging:

I just want to share this with you today. On my ambulance I got called for a 87 yr old female having chest pains. When I got to the nursing home the nurse told me that she had her labs drawn this morning and her traponens were high so she needed to go to the emergency room. I found this cute maybe 80 pound women sitting on my gurney. She told me she was short of breath, as she tried to talk to me in short choppy words. She did say she was having chest pressure, like something heavy on her chest, and her legs were numb and heavy. We did our thing, O2, ecg monitor, pulse ox, I had trouble with the IV. As we were driving to the hospital, she told me that she had a triple by pass a few years ago. Then she proceeded to tell me that a couple of years after that she had a heart attach and died. But the paramedics brought her back and it hurt like hell, especially her legs. So she told me, they took off my bracelet but I am a DNR. Please don't hurt me like they did. Let me die.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: