Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Today has been an eventful day. First I was at the grocery store, and when I walked out this elderly gentleman was standing next to his nice looking motorcycle. I commented to him that his bike was nice. He smiled pleased and asked me if I wanted a ride. I told him I was pretty busy or else maybe I would take him up on it. To my surprise he gave me his card and asked me to call him if I ever needed anything to get fixed in the house or wanted to take him up on that ride and that he was lonely. He was a 75 yr old male, who use to be a cop and now he teaches dance lessons. I am thinking of calling him up for Thanksgiving.

Second I went to the airport to pick up my 75 yr old mom and my 80 yr old dad at one terminal. Than I went to another terminal to pick up my 66yr old aunt and my 99 yr old grandmother. Yea you heard me right. She is 99 and she flew here from Wisconsin so that I could get a five generation picture.

My grandma was at my home just a couple of years ago and I can now see the dementia that she is beginning to get. She asks the same questions over and over again. She never use to be like that. She is finally forgetting my kids names and their kids names. Also something new for her. Yet we played a game called sequence and she is good at this game. I am hoping my genes are coming from her and that I will have her brain when I am her age. I wish I knew how to put pictures on the blog so you can see how beautiful she really is.

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today. Especially if it is something with a parent or child.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: