Saturday, July 16, 2011

Alzheimer's Blogging:

I am excitingly getting ready to go to Wisconsin on Wednesday to celebrate my grandma's 100th birthday. How wonderful to be at that age and have your wits about you. She still bakes, and rides a three wheel bike. I just got off the phone with her and when I called she recognized my voice right away. I am not sure I am that good to recognize someones voice from such a distance. This woman has great-great grandchildren and most of them will be at the celebration. I just wanted to share this with you.

I still morn at the fact my father in law, got Alzheimer's and didn't know who we were when he died. He was a good man and taught me alot about kindness and people. I am happy to know that I got the chance to try and give back to him a little of the kindness that he gave to us. I loved keeping him in our home and trying to make his last couple of years as normal as possible. I miss him.

I was on  Alzheimer's Weekly On Line Magazine and I wanted to share this with you.

Neurologist Oliver Sacks says of dementia, “The past which is not recoverable in any other way seems to be sort of 'embedded in amber', if you will, in music. You can at least get some feel of it and regain it, for a little while, with familiar music.” In this short clip, Bill and Fritzi do just that, with some “Old Time Music.”

Watch this clip Alzheimer's Disease Benefit Concert Announcement and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHqLKir9JC4&feature=player_embedded

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
http://www.mariefostino.com/
http://www.mariefostino.blogspot.com/

No comments: