Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Morning,
What a beautiful day for a swim. I have a solar cover on my pool, and the water is great!!! I try to get my exercise lately by swimming an hour of laps.
It is really important to take care of your self, especially when you are taking care of someone else. I found that while I was taking care of dad, I would leave the house for 30 minutes to run, and pray. I was working on my body and my mind. And I would came back home a much calmer person. Running really helps to get rid of stress. I have such great memories of dad. I know, he is my father-in-law, but he loved me like I was his daughter and I loved him back the same way.
I have this 10 minute clip that I am going to show at my book signings/discussion. (Hope to see you there.) And on it is dad working out with me and Richard Simmons. It is also important to help keep your loved on in as good shape as they will let you. It is not always easy, and you have to get creative.
Remember that as you are taking care of your loved one, you are not alone, even though you feel like you are. Try to take some time for yourself. It is very important to do for you, because if you don't, the life will be sucked out of you, and you will not be able to help any one else.
Remember, and keep the great memories that you have alive. No one can take those away from you. But when you don't recognize the person your family member has become from the terrible disease, always rely on the memory, to bring them back, even if it is only in your mind.
Remember to LIVE, LAUGH, and LOVE.
Sincerely,
Marie
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: