Saturday, October 4, 2008

Good Morning,
I want to thank every one who has gotten my book, Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal. I hope that it has helped you out, with an understanding of what to expect. Thank you also to the ones who put reviews on the different sites, like Amazon.com, and Barnes and Noble.com. This is such a good way for others to see what your input was on the book and how it helped you. I hope you understand Alzheimer's cannot be cured by putting your loved on at a mental health treatment program. That they have no control of what is happening to them. There brain is just shorting out. There is a lot of information on Alzheimer's out there, and Alzheimer's Care Centers. If you get diagnosed early there is medicine to help slow the process. It takes a lot of love, devotion and faith to care for your loved one with this disease. I took care of dad at home. I did use Alzheimer Care Facilities if we did go out of town for a little respite time. Alzheimer's Association and Alzheimer's Society are two good websites to look for on line for some great information. I miss my father in law. But I miss the old father in law before Alzheimer's took over his brain. I love to go through my pictures of the happy times we had growing up with him. And I keep his memory alive with those times, not the last couple of years. My heart goes out to you. I know you miss your loved one. Just remember that when they get mad at you, or don't have any idea who you are, it is not them. Show them you love them and hang on to the good memories.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Presss An imprint of James A. Rock & Co., Publishers
www.mariefostion.com

No comments: