Wednesday, December 3, 2008

DECEMBER 3, 2002

Today is the first time Dad showed physical violence. We got a call from the Daycare Center today because Dad was getting violent. They said he was arguing with everyone. Then, when he tried to stand up, an aide went to help him and Dad yelled, "Look! She's touching me! I need an attorney."

When I got there I asked him who I was but he could not tell me. I tried to put his coat on, but this made him angry and violent. He would not let me put his coat on and tried to get out of his chair, yelling, "No, you are not taking me back to Germany. You are all Nazi's. You are trying to kill me."

It took three of us to get him outside to the car (without his coat). At the car, Dad had his fists to me and a growl on his face. He threatened to kick me and started swearing. I hit his mouth and told him I was going to put soap in his mouth to clean it up. I asked, "Did he kiss his mother with that mouth?"

I told him how difficult he was being and finally we got him into the car. I lectured him, like a child, about his behavior. He fell asleep while driving home. I didn't talk to him much at home. I gave him his dinner and left. I tinted my hair and played on the computer-----just kept my distance for a while.

I am sharing a little of my journal with you from a Christmas Past. It is Christmas. You feel like you have chains on, and can't enjoy the holiday. Don't forget that you can get respite care so that you can do some shopping or just enjoy a night out during this holiday time. Always look for a support group. Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: