Thursday, January 22, 2009


I hope that I am helping any one who is reading this. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, and misunderstood by many. I understand how lonely you feel, when no one wants to come around anymore. I understand the frustration you feel, when you lose your temper, or get angry. I understand how sorry you feel, because you are human, and we all make mistakes. I hope that my book can help you, and let you see the changes that come around as the Alzheimer's Disease gets worse. I hope you can see how important it is to get respite care, and that if you don't take care of your self, you can not take care of your loved one. I want to make it important that you take the MOMENTS you get with your loved one, the ones that make you smile, and keep them inside your heart, and when Sundowners comes around, and they are hard to get along with, you can pull out that wonderful moment you had earlier, and dwell on that instead. Alzheimer's Weekly has a wonderful saying this week. MOST OF US HAVE MUCH MORE COURAGE THAN WE EVER DREAMED WE POSSESSED. Remember to pray, and look for a good thing each and every day.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A. Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: