Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Afternoon this beautiful Monday. The sky is blue with fluffy white clouds that are slowly moving and sometimes hiding the sun. The wind feels so cool, but not cold, on your skin. I had a cute couple today on my ambulance. They are in their late 80's. They have been married for 60 yrs. I like that. I called them dinasores because it is far and few between that people stay married that long. The husband had a stroke about 30 yrs ago, but managed to get around with a walker. But he fell and is in a nursing home for P T so that he can go back home again. It was so cute to watch his wife flutter around him making sure he was warm enough and comfortable. And when I took him out of the ambulance, and he didn't see his wife right away, he was concerned and asked me where his lovely wife was. That made my heart jump to hear those dear words from him.

If your loved one has Alzheimer's try to remember what it was that made you fall in love with him/her. And remember that they can't help how they are now. Alzheimer's has gotton to their brain, and they are not themselves. Don't forget the support groups to help you get through this tough time.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A. Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: