Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a beautiful day here in Phoenix, Az. But my day is starting out sad, as I had my first patient whom I was told is combative and confused. As I started to take care of him and talk to him a little I can already tell that he has Alzeimer's but the faculity does not know this because his wife has not had him diagnosied with it. He is at the stage where he is aggressive and combative. It is hard for the nursing home to understand that he does not know what he is doing. It breaks my heart to see this. It is a real hard stage in Alzheimer's.
Please remember that whether you keep your loved one at home or put in a nursing home that it is real tough either way. It is important that you go to Alzheimer Support Groups. Listen to other people and see that you are not alone. You can learn from them and they can learn from you. Check out the Alzheimer Web Sites on line. They are full of useful information. Check out Alzheimer Association, to see where they have support groups in your area.
Remember that to the world you are but only one person, but to that one person you are the world.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A. Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: