Friday, June 19, 2009

I am pleased to announce that I have been invited to speak to the Alzheimer's Support Group on Thursday June 25 at The TERRACES. You are invited to come and listen. The address is 7550 N. 16th St. Phoenix, Az. If you need any information you can call Shawn May, the Memory Support Program Manager at 602-371-4117. It will be at the Terraces Assisted Living Private Dining Room. I hope you can join us.

The symptoms of Alzheimers:
Memory Loss - Trouble Performing Familiar Tasks - Poor judgement - Misplacing Things - Disorientation

The symptoms of the Caregivers:
Guilt - Loneliness - Overwhelmed - Sadness - Joy

As a caretaker I found out that "Moments" are the most important thing for the caretaker. I treasured the good moments we had instead of focusing on the bad moments. I hope that you found my book helpful.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: