Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine started with a 15 hr car ride to OKC to be with all 5 of my children, their spouses and my 6 grandchildren. We all stayed at my daughter, Kristina's house. It was a little tight with only 3 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms and 17 people. But it was also great. We played games and had a lot of food. Making memories is what life is about. I have wonderful memories of when Joe was alive, and we had Thanksgiving with him. He traveled to see us all the time. We seemed to move all around the states, and whether we lived in Maryland, or Texas dad would come and spend the holidays with us. It was those memories that kept him alive when he had his Alzheimer's. I don't think to much of him while he had his disease, but I have wonderful memories of him when he came to visit us. Hope you can get past this diseases and remember your loved one they way they use to be. Remember that they are not themselves but it is the disease that has taken over.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: