Thursday, September 9, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Exercise helps blood and oxygen go through the brain feeding the cells and nerves helping to keep it alive. Walking around your house or doing your job is not considered exercise. Exercise is a physical action being done for at least 30 minutes at one time and not the usual daily routine.

So today as I have been on the computer and taking care of my sick grandson, I needed to stretch my legs. Since I do work on an ambulance and see many people that are around my age not able to get around, first I thank God for my health, and second I continue to exercise so that my brain is getting the oxygen it needs to stay healthy and young. Today I did one of my favorite things to do and that was exercise with Richard Simmons. Maybe it is the music from my day that makes him so much fun, plus the fact we are dancing not exercising.

Please remember to do these six things to help slow down Alzheimer's.
1) Drink vegetable juices
2) Eat healthy foods with Omega 3 - Fatty Acids
3) Maintain a healthy body weight for your height
4) Exercise your brain daily
5) Exercise your body daily
6) Avoid Mercury

Is anyone reading my blogs?
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: