Thursday, September 30, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Well hello,

I hope every one is having a great week. It is hard to believe this year has been moving so fast. Tomorrow is already October, time for costumes and trick & treat. I don't know if anyone is reading these posts but I have been having fun writing, sharing stories from my father in law, or stories from my patients. I hope I have helped some of you with information to make your life easier.

Today on my ambulance I had a cute 80 yr old female who fell a week ago and ended up with a subdural hematoma. OUCH. She was at one hospital in ICU for a few days and than a step down unit as she got stronger. She came home yesterday yet today the family saw her with slurred speech and facial droop. They called 911 and asked them to bring her to the hospital she was in just the other day, only that hospital was not stroke hospital, so of course the firemen brought her to the stroke hospital, and in turn my ambulance was called to bring her to the hospital she was in when in ICU.

Remember sometimes you know your loved one better than any one else. This poor family is paying for two ambulance rides. Maybe next time they can bring her themselves to the place they wanted her to go and avoid the costs. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: