Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG:

Today is a blog about inspiration: And yes there is a God!

I live in Phoenix, Az and the weather is wonderful this time of year. While Chicago and New York are having freezing cold weather we are enjoying the outside with sweater weather. I went on my two mile walk and one mile run when I noticed a woman walking with a walker on the sidewalk across the street. The walker had wheels to the front and cut up balls to the back.

I am the kind of person who has trouble keeping to myself so I had to walk by her to say hi. She looked a little frightened at first but said hi back looking straight ahead.

"Good day for a walk isn't it," I went on.
"Well I'm trying," she answered back.
"Looks like you are doing a great job," I said. With that she looked at me and smiled.
"I use to walk 8 to 10 miles a day," she said. Than she went on to tell me that she has had three Nero surgery's and chemo the last six years. She pushed her curly brown hair away from her face to show me her scar on her scalp.
"You are an inspiration," I said to her and I couldn't help myself as I hugged her.
"God has been taking care of me," she answered.

I finished my run with tears streaming down my face. What an answer to prayer for this woman who use to walk eight miles a day but now working on walking around the block with her walker. I just had to share this miracle with you to remind you that you are not alone.

I know how hard it is to take care of someone with Alzheimer's. I know how hard it is to accept the fact your loved one has this disease. Just remember you are not alone. God is watching you and taking care of you. Look for a good support group. He may have someone waiting to help you.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-You, I am taking care of my Beloved Grandmother-Who also fell & broke her hip. Myself other family members have been staying with her for about 3weeks now. This is all very new to me,she always took such good care of us.

I have been reading& researching, Alzheimer's, but nothing really prepares you when you begin to experience it's effects first hand.

There are so many things I want to say,but today was a difficult day.
I have no words left, besides thank-you for putting this out here. I am not alone