Sunday, May 3, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dWlsgM9LA&layer_token=3c19170397222373

Here is a clip on youtube about my book Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal. It starts with dad being confused. It shows him having fun dancing, which was one of his favorite things to do. It also shows him out side in the cold, wanting to die, and I am shameful to say you can hear in my voice how aggravated I was. Than it shows how his disease makes him even more confused, not understanding that he owns his own house or where he lives. Finally it shows how taking care of one this way is an every day chore like always changing the sheets off the bed. And how dad could not even put a baby puzzle together or even open a door. I just want you to know that I have been there and know how hard it is. I hope that my book is a helpful tool. And remember that it is a personal choice whether you keep your loved one at home or put them into a nursing home.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A. Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: