Thursday, February 25, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG:

HOW HAS ALZHEIMER'S CHANGED YOU AS A PERSON? HOW WERE YOU CHANGED AS A PERSON? HAS YOUR LIFE OR YOUR FUTURE BEEN CHANGED AS A RESULT BECAUSE OF YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ALZHEIMER'S?

I would love to her from you to see how this terrible disease has changed you. For me I began to realize more than ever how precious life is. I realized that growing old with your loved one may not be a fun experience. I always thought the golden years were to be the time that you and your spouse were going to see the world, and enjoy life now that you were enjoying retirement. My views have changed on that since dealing with my father in law and his Alzheimer's. I always knew life was a gift, but now more than ever I want to experience what ever I can while we still have our senses about us and before one of us starts to get dementia. I know everyone does not get this disease. My grandmother is going to be 100 yrs old next March and she has been getting a little confused just these last couple of years. Yet she still bakes cookies, and rides a three wheel bike. But on the other hand, her husband did get Alzheimer's about 20 yrs ago and died a couple years after that.

I would love to hear from you. Tell me how this terrible disease has changed you.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
http://www.mariefostino.com
www.blogspot.com
www.google.com

No comments: