Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

This week on Alzheimer's Weekly there is a talk and video about Caregivers Getting Support.
It talks about the average person taking care of a parent is in their forties and they are sandwiched in between taking care of their own children and now there parents. Please use this link to read it:
http://www.alzheimersweekly.com/Caregivers/caregivers-get-support-a686.html


I have been there, so I really know what they mean. I was so tired, between taking care of my father in law and working part time and raising my last child of five while she was in high school. It was such a help when I found a day care of the elderly. At first I used them a couple of times a week, but eventually I ended up using them five days a week. This was time well spent whether I took a nap or took an outing with my family. You have to take care of yourself if you want to be able to take care of someone else. Watch this video, and hopefully you will find some comfort knowing you are not alone and there is nothing wrong with getting some help.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: