Thursday, January 20, 2011

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Today is my husbands Birthday - 58yrs young. Today would also have been my father in laws birthday and if he were alive he would be 85yrs today. Funny how life plays with us. One of my daughters had her second child born on the 17 of this month. That makes for me and Jimmy our seventh grandchild. I don't feel that old, yet today my husband texted to me he couldn't believe how old he is getting. We are suppose to grow old gracefully. We had our chance when we were young and now we are to give that life to our kids and be there for them. I thank my lucky stars that we have our health, and our minds yet. I work on this ambulance and see to often people my age with such health problems and hurting just to get around. Plus every time I forget something or my husband forgets something I can't help but wonder if dementia is starting to creep up on us. They say you are only as old as you feel. If that were true I would still be in my thirties. I love playing like a new mama when ever I babysit my grand babies and I love running or walking fast 2 miles a day. Plus I am also back in time as I exercise with Richard Simmons. But I know my mind isn't as sharp as it use to be. I find myself forgetting something, which eventually pops up a few hours later. ugh!

Thank you God for the life you have given to us. For your grace and promise. Help us each day to live like you, with love, patience and kindness for everyone around.

Please remember if you are living with a loved one with Alzheimer's make sure you get into a good support group. If you can't find one check out this link - http://alz.org/apps/findus.asp pick the state and the closest chapter to you. Also remember if you don't take care of yourself, how can you take care of your loved one. Don't get to stressed out. After all you are only human. Please get respite care and take a short break. Don't beat yourself up, get help.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: