Thursday, March 18, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: ALZHEIMERSBLOG: MARIE FOSTINO BLOGSPOT:

Sometimes it is hard to think what to blog about. I see people every day on my ambulance, or when I am with my family. It hurts my hurt when I see an elderly person with so much confusion, knowing that they probably have dementia, or Alzheimer's. I try to imagine them at one time before their mind was taken from them. Many nursing homes have pictures on their doors or in their rooms showing them younger, with a spouse and with their children and grandchildren. I love to imagine how happy they were before this terrible disease took over their minds. Yet my heart jumps for joy when I see an elder couple walking down the sidewalk together or eating in a restaurant together. Trying not to eavesdrop, but able to hear a conversation that is normal.

I thank God for my health. I don't know how long I have before I will be gone whether it be to a disease or to death, but I am so thankful for the days I have now. Count your blessings. Enjoy each other while your mind is still working. Be polite to each other, just like how we seem to be polite to strangers. Make sure you tell your family everyday that you love them. Jimmy, Kristina, Jennifer, Erik, Jessica and Regina, I love you all very much. Love Mom

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: