Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog:

I had wrote this on Tuesday, March 9 but somehow I found this on a different site, and not on mine so I am re-writing this:

Today while I was working we had to stop for some lunch. After getting our food to go, we found a seat and hoped we would get to eat before we got another call. Sitting there in front of the seating area were two people sitting next to each other, instead of across from each other, eating their lunch. They were talking, and smiling, and when they were finished, the man took the tray off the table and emptied it for the two of them. Then he waited at the door for his wife and opened it for her so they could leave. So you say, why am I making such a big deal out of this. I could not help but smile, and my heart jumped as I watched them. They both had grey hair and must be at least 80 yrs old. Isn't that the way it is suppose to be? Is that not what we all want, but to grow old with our sweetheart, and enjoy the golden years. I guess I am writing this because even though some of us have heartache with our loved ones with Dementia and Alzheimer's, there are some fortunate enough to still enjoy each others company. To them I applaud.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: