Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Life was very interesting after we moved in with my father in law. On night I heard dad roaming around and got up to see what he was doing. We had not lived there very long and I was not sure how far he was in his Alzheimer's yet. It was 12:30 am when I saw him walking down the hall. I asked him what he was doing but he didn't answer me right away. I brought him back to his bedroom and opened his bedroom door and found he had his clothes, cards, razor, and other belongings packed up in boxes that he happened to find in his room. Also he took a pair of slacks and tied up the legs at the cuffs. He then filled them full of his stuff. He told me he was packing because it was time to go home because no one was watching his house. I cleared off his bed, took off his shoes and socks and put him back to bed. He promptly fell asleep. In the morning when he woke up I asked him what he was doing last night and he had no idea. He said he must have been just going through his stuff and was sorry if he made a mess. Remember life is a gift and we need to make the best out of it. Every moment is special, it may be our last, so let it count.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.blogspot.com
www.google.com

No comments: