Friday, April 9, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING:

Well yesterday my grandmother turned 99 yrs old. She rides a three wheel bike and bakes cookies. She is sometimes forgetting the names of her great grand kids. hehe. I forget the names of my sisters kids. I want to be just like her. She is a great women who took care of us every summer on the farm while growing up. There was six of us, and my parents took a break every summer by dropping us off to Wisconsin for the whole summer. We learned to drive the tractor, and milk the cows. Of course along with the fun stuff there was the awful chores like cleaning the manure out of the barn. My grandma grew all her own vegetables, got our milk from the cows, got our eggs from the chickens and grandpa killed the cow for our meat. I don't know it that is why she has had such a long life or not. But I thank God for her and my growing up memories on the farm with her.

Today is my youngest grandsons birthday. He is one years old today and trying to walk. I love thinking how grandma is 99 and my grandson is 1. It has to make you appreciate life. Remember that today is a gift. Don't put off any kindness that you can do today.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: