Sunday, April 11, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog: Alzheimersblogging

Good morning everyone,
It is a beautiful day here in sunny Az with the high today at 88%. We started our day at church, the way I love to start my week. My pastor today was asking us how long we had been married. My husband and I are having our anniversary this Tuesday and it will be 36yrs. But one lady said she was married for 54 yrs. I want to be a dinosaur just like her. I got on the computer and Alzheimer's Weekly sent me a copy of their on line news letter. I was touched by a article about Judith Fox, and about the book she wrote called: I Still Do

Her Husband, Dr. Edmund Ackell, a brilliant and successful man, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1998. If you go to www.alzheimersweekly.com you can see her story and watch her cute video about her book.

Also us baby boomers who grew up with our children and fast food, there is an article on Fast food fast tracks Alzheimer's.

"We now suspect that a high intake of fat and cholesterol in combination with genetic factors, such as apoE4, can adversely affect several brain substances, which can be a contributory factor in the development of Alzheimer's," says Susanne Akterin. Very interesting read.

Maybe that is why my 99 yr old grandma is doing so well. Just a thought. She was on a farm most of her life, cooking her own food, growing her own food and animals to slaughter. That along with hard work could be the answer?

Have a great day. And remember be an Angel do random acts of kindness.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostin.blogspot.com

No comments: