Friday, April 30, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING: ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING:

What an Inspiration:
Today on my ambulance I got called for a 85 yr old male whose hemoglobin was 7.9 and bright red blood in his stool. I found this gentlemen sitting on the couch with big alligator tears streaming down his cheeks as the firemen were taking his vitals. His wife told us why she called us and how worried she was for him. I asked her how long they were married and right away she stated 60 years. But than with tears forming in her eyes she said it would be 61 years this June if he makes it.

This gentleman was in WWII and his job was half track gunner, and he remembered it like it was yesterday. Yet his wife told me that he will not even remember that he was at the hospital today. To me this was an inspiration to see this 80 yr old wife taking such good care of her 85 yr old husband with the hurting in her heart knowing that sometimes he forgets who she is.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: