Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alzheimer's Blog:

Denial is a big part of this disease. It is so hard to admit that your loved one maybe venturing into this disease. Losing things once in a while, or forgetting sometimes is normal. So it is easy to see when your loved one forgets a lot one day and the next day he seems to be more normal with his memory.

I am going through this with my parents. My dad is getting very forgetful. He is a lot quieter than I am use to him being and he talks very slow. My mom will call me one day and complain how he can't remember something that should come natural to him. I will encourage her to see a doctor and have him checked. It would be so good to have him put on some medication before he gets to bad. But then a few days later she will call me and forget how forgetful he was telling me he is just fine. I have even sent her an Alzheimer's Test that had found. I gave her 3 of them. One for her to take, one for him and one for a family doctor to help them out. Oh yea, I forgot to tell you we live in different states.

The truth is, denial is a big part of this disease. Until you are willing to get checked or willing to have your loved one get checked than you can start the procedure to maybe slow down the disease process. Remember there is no cure.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: