Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog:

Remember the ten warning signs of Alzheimer's Disease:
1) Memory Loss
2) Difficulty performing familiar tasks
3) Problems with language
4) Disorientation to time and place
5) Poor or decreased judgment
6) Problems with abstract thinking
7) Misplacing things
8) Changes in mood or behavior
9) Changes personality
10)Loss of initiative

Support groups provide a forum to share feelings, concerns, information and as a way of supporting and encouraging each other. Look for support groups in your area on the Alzheimer's Association Web Site.

Some websites with some great information:
www.alzheimersweekly.com
www.ouralzheimers.com
www.alzheimersassociation.com
www.adear.com
www.alzheimerssociety.com
www.thecaregiversvoice.com
www.alzheimersfoundationofamerica.com

I hope you find this helpful. Remember as a caregiver you also need to take care of yourself. Look for respite care in your area. I used a day care for the elderly. I found that having grandpa Joe visit each day for four hours helped me with my sanity. I needed that time to not worry or stress. My shoulders were clear with no pressure on them for that four hours which helped me enjoy the job I choose for the rest of the evening.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: