Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Merry Christmas!

If is so hard to believe that Christmas is only a few days away. My husband has a job now, after being laid off for almost two years. I work on an ambulance and as you may know the ambulance has to run 24/7 every day of the year. It seems that this year my shift runs on Christmas Eve so I will leave for work that morning and get off Christmas morning at around 8am and hopefully get home by 9am so that I can spend some Christmas time with my family.

What hurts is the fact as I go to some of the nursing homes, I see some of these elderly people sad and depressed with no family seeing them through the holiday season. Maybe they didn't have any children and their spouse has passed away. Maybe they had a falling out with their children and they don't care to see them. There are many reasons but it still hurts my heart to see these people so lonely.

Please if you have it in your heart, go see your family member that is living in a Nursing Home or a Rehab Center. Let by gones be by gones if just for the season. Put your self in their shoes and see how it has to hurt to be all alone. The nursing homes do well at trying to have little parties for the residents but that is not the same as having family around.

Be an angel and practice a little act of kindness :)

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: