Monday, December 20, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Merry Christmas!

When I was going through this time taking care of my father in Law Joe, while the terrible disease Alzheimer's took control of his mind, I kept a journal. I was writing everything down, sometime e-mailing family, letting them know how he was doing, but writing for me. I had to be able to look back at how this terrible disease was taking him from me. I was amazed as I would look back at the pages of writing to see how he digressed. It was a hard roll at first to take charge of this man who taught me so much about life. But soon it became easier, as I watched him transform into a child like mind set.

Family members told me to put my pages of my journal into a book so I could help others dealing with this terrible disease. So I took their idea and did just that. What I love is when I hear from people who have read my book and tell me Thank you for letting them know they are not alone.
I hope I have helped others that I have not heard from.

Remember you are not alone. It is important to get respite care sometimes. If you don't take care of yourself how can you take care of your loved one. It is also important to have a good support group. I know, I have been there. God Bless You!

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: